angelanimals

Angel Animals Network

"Animals are divine messengers of miracles that go far beyond emotional comfort and practical assistance. Talk to those who have been transported to a heavenly place by the gentle purring of a kitten or whose broken hearts, burdened by worry and pain, have been mended by a dog licking their hand. They will tell you that animals connect them with the River of Life in ways poets imagine and mystics contemplate. They will tell you that their deepest and most sincere relationships with animals are spiritual partnerships." --Allen and Linda Anderson, Angel Animals: Divine Messengers of Miracles, p.1

Have your pets been considerate to you or others?

IS YOUR PET CONSIDERATE?

By Allen and Linda Anderson

We don't recall seeing articles about animal family members being considerate. There have been some studies showing animal altruism though.

In our home, our cat Cuddles lives up to her name and cuddles up next to Linda at night on our bed. She's very considerate not to wake up Linda until morning, when she decides it's time for her breakfast.

Our cockatiel Sunshine is considerate when we use the spray bottle, filled with warm water, to give him his morning bath. He raises his wings so we can spray under them and puts his head down for a good spray of his head feathers.

The reason this theme is on our minds today, though, is that our dog Leaf, one of our life's greatest spiritual teachers, often shows us consideration. He's definitely not a - my way or the highway - kind of guy.

Although we mainly do our writing at home, if we need to meet with a client, Linda carefully puts on her makeup to prepare. Sensing that we're about to leave the house, Leaf is eager to kiss Linda's face with his long, pink tongue. So Linda says, "Leaf, don't kiss off all my makeup." And she turns away so he can't reach her cheeks.

The other day, it appeared that Leaf got the message. As Linda was ready to leave the house, she bent down to kiss him on his head. In turn, he very carefully kissed her only on the tip of her nose. With great discipline, he put his tongue back in his mouth and refrained from plastering her face with any more kisses.

Have your pets been considerate to you or others? Send us your stories to <angelanimals@aol.com>.

Allen and Linda Anderson

Angel Animals Network -- Spiritual Perspectives for People Who Believe Pets Are Family Member

www.angelanimals.net